Basic DIY Audio Skills
- Component Identification (coming soon)
- Component Lead Forming (coming soon)
- Recognizing Polarized Components (coming soon)
Livestreamed EXF1 / T-25 Microphone Build
These streams are intended as informal demonstrations with some commentary about tools and techniques. For a more focused presentation, scroll down to the S-25 step-by-step videos, which benefit from a bit more polish (and editing!).
In the first stream, I built a T-25 from start to finish, or nearly so.
Because the T-25 was 1 solder joint away from completion at the end of the first episode, I hosted a second broadcast where I demonstrated how to de-solder wires, addressed some techniques for clearing plugged solder pads, then cleaned up the final joints on the board and applied conformal coating.
ETL1 / S-25 Microphone Kit Tutorial
- Part 1: PCB and Component Preparation
- Part 2: Resistor Installation
- Part 3: Diode Installation
- Part 4: Switch Installation
- Part 5: Ceramic Capacitor Installation
- Part 6: Output Transistor Installation
- Part 7: Film & Electrolytic Capacitor Installation
- Part 8: Input Circuit Installation - video coming soon
- Part 9: Pad Capacitor Installation - video coming soon
- Part 10: PCB cleaning - click here for the tutorial video
- Part 11: Capsule Installation - video coming soon
- Part 12: XLR Wiring - video coming soon
- Part 13: Capsule Wiring - video coming soon
- Part 14: DC Voltage Tests - video coming soon
- Part 15: High-impedance Component Cleaning - video coming soon