How we collect and use your personal information
The information we collect, and how we collect it, depends on the type of interaction:
- When people subscribe to our email mailing list, we collect their email address and in some cases also their names. We share this information with an Email Service Provider for the sole purpose of delivering our newsletters via email to subscribers. Each such promotional email includes opt-out / unsubscribe information. Subscribers are able to easily opt out of such messages at any time. The Email Service Provider logs date, time, and sometimes IP address of subscribers when subscribers open and/or click on links in these emails.
- When people register on the Microphone-Parts.com website, we collect name, email address, and optionally physical address. This information would only be used if the person subsequently places an order.
- When people purchase goods from the Microphone-Parts.com website, they provide billing address, shipping address, payment information, and contact information such as an email address and telephone number. The billing and payment information are used by our merchant bank to process the payment. MicParts staff does not receive nor store payment information (meaning, credit card or financial account numbers) from customers. Shipping addresses and contact information such as email address and phone number are used to coordinate the delivery of physical goods; this data would be provided to a common carrier such as UPS or the US Postal Service, in the form of an address label on the package.
- Website visitors are logged by IP address and clickpath, although this information is not personally identifiable.
Lawful basis for processing personal information
The GDPR requires us to identify the lawful basis for use of your personal information. We consider the following to be relevant:
- Where you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information in a certain way: for example, when subscribers consent to receive emails.
- Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal obligation (for example, when we are obliged to share your personal information with regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies).
- Where there is a legitimate interest in us doing so.
"Legitimate interest" here means responding to inquiries, delivering purchased goods to consumers, communicating with email subscribers upon their request.
Your rights and choices
Email subscribers can opt out (unsubscribe) at any time, by using the relevant link (normally found at the bottom of every newsletter email we send).
Website visitors are welcome to remain anonymous, limiting the amount of data we collect. There is no requirement to register before using the website.
This policy describes the circumstances under which user and customer personal information could be shared, in the section above ("How we collect and use your personal information"). We are philosophically opposed to the sale or exchange of customer data for any reason other than to fulfill an exchange with our users and customers.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. We have created appropriate security policies and practices to protect your information.
This includes corporate policies and staff training regarding how your personal information should be handled, as well as physical security, encryption, and network security for IT infrastructure. MicParts customer and user personal information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff.
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process or store your personal information, we will either delete it or anonymize it.
Policy change policy
We reserve the right to change the Policy. We would notify users of such changes through email and/or by posting a notice on the Microphone-Parts.com website.
If we materially change the ways in which we use or share personal information previously collected from you, we will notify you via email or other communication.
This policy was written 2013-03-13, then amended for GDPR on 2018-05-24.