S87 Cardioid Microphone Kit
Introducing the S-87 Cardioid Microphone Kit
The "S-87 Cardioid" microphone kit is a special edition, limited-time version of the best-selling S-87 microphone kit.
It shares the same fantastic capsule and acclaimed transformerless circuit design.
- The metalwork in this kit is more robust; the body cylinder is heavy brass. The finished S-87 Cardioid weighs more than the finished S-87.
- This mic body is smaller (170mm vs 184mm).
- This mic body has no "micparts" logo on it.
- This kit includes the Cardioid-only RK-87C capsule. Therefore the switch inside the mic (part of the circuit kit) cannot be configured for Cardioid/Omni, but rather can be configured as a 10dB pad (which is arguably a much more useful option for this microphone anyway, given the mic's high output level).
- This kit includes a heavy-duty one-piece swivel mount.
- This kit is available only in black. No custom colors are available.
We have a few dozen of these available for immediate shipment.
The S-87 Cardioid microphone kit includes:
- Heavy brass mic body, black painted finish, no logo.
- Satin silver cylindrical grille.
- Swivel mount (not pictured).
- Vinyl pouch (not pictured).
- Swivel mount.
- RK-87C (cardioid only) microphone capsule.
- MP-V57 transformerless circuit kit, with appropriate EQ options for K67/K87 capsule.
The included RK-87C capsule does not fit into the narrow opening at the base of the grille, until the grille has been filed down. This takes 1-2 minutes with a stone or sanding wheel attachment on a Dremel tool. Using a metal hand file would take 5-10 minutes.
This mic deserves a world-class shockmount. We recommend the Rycote USM-L.
These mics fit nicely into our custom flightcases (note: these are nearly sold out).