S47 Cardioid Microphone Kit
Introducing the S-47 Cardioid Microphone Kit
The "S-47 Cardioid" microphone kit is a special edition, limited-time version of the best-selling S-47 microphone kit.
It shares the same fantastic capsule and acclaimed transformerless circuit design.
- The metalwork in this kit is more robust; the body cylinder is heavy brass. The finished S-47 Cardioid weighs more than the finished S-47.
- This mic body is smaller (170mm vs 184mm).
- This mic body has no "micparts" logo on it.
- This kit includes the Cardioid-only RK-47C capsule. Therefore the switch inside the mic (part of the circuit kit) cannot be configured for Cardioid/Omni, but rather can be configured as a 10dB pad (which is arguably a much more useful option for this microphone anyway, given the mic's high output level).
- The RK-47C capsule has a slightly darker, more vintage tone than the multipattern RK-47 capsule. Therefore this mic has a slightly darker, more vintage tone than the S-47 does.
- This kit is available only in black. No custom colors are available.
- This kit includes a heavy-duty one-piece swivel mount.
We have a few dozen of these available for immediate shipment.
The S-47 Cardioid microphone kit includes:
- Heavy brass mic body, black painted finish, no logo.
- Satin silver cylindrical grille.
- Swivel mount (not pictured).
- Vinyl pouch (not pictured).
- Swivel mount.
- RK-47C (cardioid only) microphone capsule.
- MP-V57 transformerless circuit kit.
This mic deserves a world-class shockmount. We recommend the Rycote USM-L.
These mics fit nicely into our custom flightcases (note: these are nearly sold out).